Donald J. Trump’S Vision
- Ensure our veterans get the care they need wherever and whenever they need it. No more long drives. No more waiting backlogs. No more excessive red tape. Just the care and support they earned with their service to our country.
- Support the whole veteran, not just their physical health care, but also by addressing their invisible wounds, investing in our service members' post-active duty success, transforming the VA to meet the needs of 21st century service members, and better meeting the needs of our female veterans.
- Make the VA great again by firing the corrupt and incompetent VA executives who let our veterans down, by modernizing the VA, and by empowering the doctors and nurses to ensure our veterans receive the best care available in a timely manner.
America First Means Veterans First
July 11, 2016
I’d like to thank Chairman Jeff Miller for his leadership on behalf of those who have served this country in military uniform, and for working with our campaign on developing real solutions for our great Veterans.
Before going further today, however, I would first like to address the contributions of another group who serve this country in uniform: the men and women in blue.
Our Police Officers rush into danger every day to protect our communities, and they often do it thanklessly and under relentless criticism.
They save thousands of lives every year, perform countless public services every day, and yet their names will likely never appear in a single headline or media report. ...DonaldJTrump.com
Donald Trump's 10 Point Plan to Reform the VA
- Appoint a VA Secretary whose sole purpose will be to serve veterans. Under a Trump Administration, the needs of D.C. bureaucrats will no longer be placed above those of our veterans.
- Use the powers of the presidency to remove and discipline the federal employees and managers who have violated the public's trust and failed to carry out the duties on behalf of our veterans.
- Ask that Congress pass legislation that empowers the Secretary of the VA to discipline or terminate any employee who has jeopardized the health, safety or well-being of a veteran.
- Create a commission to investigate all the fraud, cover-ups, and wrong-doing that has taken place in the VA, and present these findings to Congress to spur legislative reform.
- Protect and promote honest employees at the VA who highlight wrongdoing, and guarantee their jobs will be protected.
- Create a private White House hotline, which will be active 24 hours a day answered by a real person. It will be devoted to answering veteran's complaints of wrongdoing at the VA and ensure no complaints fall through the cracks.
- Stop giving bonuses to any VA employees who are wasting money, and start rewarding employees who seek to improve the VA's service, cut waste, and save lives.
- Reform the visa system to ensure veterans are at the front of the line for health services, not the back.
- Increase the number of mental health care professionals, and allow veteran's to be able to seek mental health care outside of the VA.
- Ensure every veteran has the choice to seek care at the VA or at a private service provider of their own choice. Under a Trump Administration, no veteran will die waiting for service.